Software Engineer - Tech Operations
North America · Austin Flexible Remote
Part commercial enterprise, part revolutionary movement, Einride leads the transition to a zero-emission transportation system, based on autonomous, all-electric vehicles, coordinated by an intelligent routing software — making the journey from A to B as efficient as possible.
As a Software Engineer Tech Operations you’ll have the unique opportunity to be a part of the founding engineering team in Einride US, you’ll be joining a top talent team of ambitious, creative, kind-hearted people who challenge conventional thinking, think big, and aim for zero.
Region Americas is a newly established business area with a small core team today, predicted to grow significantly in 2021 alone. As one of the first members of the team, you will have a unique opportunity to leave your mark on our growth journey and contribute directly to transforming the heavy duty transportation industry in becoming electric and autonomous.
- Ensure successful operation of autonomous vehicles at customer sites
- Enable integration of customers with Einride’s cloud platform
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and escalate technical issues to Pod development teams at Einride
- Remotely monitor Pods during daily transport operations
- Collaborate with Einride’s existing customer integration software team to support the US solution architects in onboarding customers to Einride’s platform
- Breadth of experience in software engineering
- Growth mindset which you use to constantly push yourself to improve your skills and understand new concepts and domains
- Ability to ramp up quickly in the full company tech stack (Linux, Google Cloud Platform, gRPC, Go, C/C++, TypeScript, and Rust).
- You thrive in a startup environment where each day is unique and the problems you tackle range from high to low and left to right
- Ability to travel between Einride’s US customer sites to support the initial implementation of autonomous vehicle pilot operations
- Impact-driven, pragmatic mindset and ability to diagnose and solve complex problems.
- Existing commercial driver’s license, or willingness to acquire one via crash course as part of initial Einride onboarding
- Master’s degree in electrical, software engineering, or equivalent
- Previous experience or education related to autonomous vehicles
- Previous experience or education related to medium/heavy duty electric trucks
- Previous experience from a start-up or scale-up environment
This position is full-time and we prefer it to be based in Austin at our US headquarters. It will require traveling to customer sites. You will have daily interaction with your supervisor and team located both in the US and Europe. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.