Part commercial enterprise, part revolutionary movement, Einride is creating a zero-emission transportation system, based on autonomous, all-electric vehicles, coordinated by an intelligent routing software — making the journey from A to B as efficient as possible.
The Supply Chain and Procurement team closely collaborates with internal and external stakeholders within operations, industrialization, product, R&D, and Sales both in North America as well as with the global teams in establishing supply chains for the delivery of Einride Pods, Electric Trucks, and charging infrastructure.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving the North America supply chain and procurement processes and strategies, including setting strategy and goals, and development of systems, processes, and metrics that will drive the success of the business, create global supply partnerships, reduce delivery costs, and drive speed to market. You will also be responsible for working with the global team to ensure that the North America scope of work aligns with the global targets and processes.
This role is a member of the Global Supply Chain & Procurement management team as well as the North America management team and will report to the Chief Supply Chain and Procurement Officer.
You will be the first person hired onto the Supply Chain & Procurement team as part of our newly launched Einride U.S. entity and will help shape our products in North America going forward. Region Americas is a newly established business area with a small core team today, predicted to grow significantly in 2021 alone. As one of the first members of the team, you will have a unique opportunity to leave your mark on our growth journey and contribute directly to transforming the heavy-duty transportation industry in becoming electric and autonomous. You will be joining a top talent team of ambitious, creative, kind-hearted people who challenge conventional thinking, think big, and aim for zero emissions.
- Experienced leader with a background in management positions (min 7 years of experience).
- Previous experience within relevant areas such as supply chain management, hardware/software procurement, and/or automotive experience.
- Proven success growing a supply chain, or commercial business.
- Experience working in an international company, an agile company, and/or an automotive company is positive.
- Experience in international sourcing for electronic components in automotive sector is an advantage.
- Direct experience negotiating mutually beneficial partnerships with major contract manufacturers.
- Strong technical foundation, with knowledge of engineering design, manufacturing methods, process improvement programs, lean manufacturing, and quality procedures.
- Proficiency in utilization of ERP systems.
- Demonstrated experience using data analytics to improve performance and bottom line.
- Detail oriented with strong organization skills and leadership, ownership, and follow through.
- Ability to travel to suppliers and internal customers as needed.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and work globally with cross-cultural teams.
- Fluency in English is a requirement, and any other language skills are beneficial.
- Provide leadership and build an organization that will secure long term operational Supply Chain & sourcing capabilities and will scale procurement of hardware for North America.
- Establish supply chains for delivery of Einride Pods, Electric Trucks, and charging infrastructure for North America.
- Negotiate pricing, performance guarantees, inventory, and payment terms, etc., to minimize product costs and production lead time while maximizing quality.
- Establish supply network and construct value chain constellations that create a competitive advantage through fast, efficient, and cost-effective flow of goods and services.
- Develop and implement scorecards and processes to enable the growth of Einride.
- Responsible for procurement, quality, product improvement, and product specification for installation towards suppliers.
- Travel to suppliers world-wide to ensure close relationships and closed loop learning between vendors and Einride to achieve our targets.
Bachelor's degree within relevant field.
If you are driven by the ability to make a huge impact and reduce global greenhouse emissions, we’d love to hear from you. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.
At Einride, we believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace makes us a more capable, innovative, and competitive company. We welcome people who represent diversity in their backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Einride is an equal opportunity employer, aiming to reach our company’s full potential by cultivating an inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.